Our story

Dennis & I (Darlene) have created this blog to share with all of our friends and family our journey to adopt. The journey began when we met, fell in love and our desire to begin our family. We struggled for 6 years unsuccessfully to have children. Talk of adoption was something we had always considered and in April of 2007 we thought heaven had opened up when we were introduced to a birth mother who wanted to have us adopt her son. After several months of supporting her and her other child throughout the pregnancy our dreams fell apart when the birth mother scammed us not only out of our money but broke our hearts into a million pieces. Dennis was left to pick up the pieces and has reassured me every step of the way with his love and never ending devotion to our dreams of having a family.

Dennis and I started the long process of adopting from Kazakhstan and in 2008 we meet our son Nicholas.

We are now beginning the long process to adopt a sibling for Nicholas and it looks like Russia is where we will be heading next and hope in 2010 we meet our child!

We hope you will join us on our journey as we will do all our updating on this site. As always your love, prayers, good wishes & support mean the world to us. Thank you for being such an important part of our lives.







Friday, August 21, 2009

One year later..............

Our lives were forever blessed on August 20th, 2008
when we met the absolute love of our lives..............

August 20th (US) August 21st, 2008 Karaganda, Kazakhstan


August 21st, 2009


All I can say is our son is the most precious, lovable little boy in the world and Dennis & I thank God every minute of every day for our son - our blessing and the light of our lives.

Nicholas is the Sun, the Moon, the Stars and everything that we could have hoped and dreamed of & the love we have for him is overpowering. We talk often about how this one perfect little boy is the greatest gift from God and truly count our blessings every single minute of every single day for granting us the blessing of Nicholas Joseph. We love this child more than anything in the world.

Nicholas has been home for nine months and I have so much to write about - truth be told I have 2 draft posts waiting to finish but I didn't want to miss this very special day.....here of some random photos to enjoy!


Nicholas loves to wait by the door for our trash collectors....the frog sings "Celebrate" and was gift sent by his aunt Donna & Uncle Michael.


He is a boy who loves motorcycles


Sharing some corn on the cob with Poppa


Tickling Poppas feet to wake him up...........


To mark our special day we went to a Wiggles concert....he was in awe


Waiting for the garbage men (note the special shirt)


Going to Jeannine & Tony's wedding


In Mexico napping with Poppa



Yankees fan


Enjoying the computer


A very happy Wiggles fan

9 comments:

Susan said...

AWWW he is just DARLING. Sean was a very big Wiggles fan too. What a great way to celebrate meeting your precious son!

I love hearing how well he is doing and how happy everyone is. It is true that it seems the more you struggle for a family..the more infintely you are blessed. You certainly appreciate the gift of children-that is for sure!

Happy Meetya day and Nicholas is growing up into a VERY handsome, dapper young man!
Fruit salad-yummy yummy!!

:)

Joby and Marla said...

Great photos!!! I especially love the one where he is eating corn with his papa :)

Happy Anniversary!

Sandi said...

Ok seriously, 1 year already. I cannot believe it. He is gorgeous and I loved reading your post. You are glowing through your words. He is really growing and has changed so much. I'm so happy you updated, I check in often.

Happy happy day.

Sandi

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

Nicholas is absolutely unequivocably ADORABLE! I just love the "before" and "after" photo -- the joy in his face in every photo speaks volumes. What a happy little boy, and what amazing parents. We could not be happier for you!

We haven't tried any "live" performances like Wiggles or Dora or anything, but you're motivating me! I love how mesmirized he is at the show!

So cute. LOVE the update. Anxious for those other two draft posts. :-)

Karen.

Kelly and Sne said...

Sorry I have kept up lately - we've just had so much going on... I remember your gotcha day like it was yesterday. It is so hard to believe that a year has passed already. Nicholas is an adorable boy - what great photos of him - and I can't believe how fast he's growing. Looks like you had a great first year... here's to many many more to come!

Kim said...

I can't believe it has been a year! Wow! Nicholas is adorable in every picture except the Yankees fan one. LOL I am kidding! :)

Tricia said...

I love seeing the pictures of Nicholas. He looks like a very happy boy and just as in love as his parents are. Happy Anniversary! A year went by fast.

The Gobble's (Lanetta) said...

I can't believe it's been a year!! wow!! he's so handsome.. what a precious boy!!! :)

Patrick & Eileen said...

Darlene....I am so behind!! It's been more than a year already! He is just the cutest. I loved catching up and all the photos. You all look so very happy....that was good to see!