8/20/2010 - 2 years ago we met our beautiful little boy in Kazakhstan and not a day goes by that I don't thank God for the gift of Nicholas.
To mark this special day I left work early & picked up Nick and gave him a big smiley face balloon which he was thrilled with. We headed to the park for about 2 1/2 hours and played. After that we went to Friendlys for dinner and by that time Poppa was home and we brought ice cream back to enjoy together!
He is perfect and we are two of the most blessed ,happiest & luckiest parents in the world.....................
In August we had a Kaz cousins get together at our house and everyone had a wonderful time.
Beautiful Sophia
Beautiful Noelle
Beautiful Hannah
Beautiful Christina
Handsome Nicholas
Fiona thank you for sending the pictures otherwise I'd have none to share!!
Nicholas & I and two Moms from my office went to see Blues Clue at a local theatre and had a great time.......as with most things Nicholas was awesome - we had front row seating and he watched intently and was an active participant with finding clues!
Since I don't have that luxury of time every day, week or even month to post about our amazing little man....I do try and jot down little notes so that I remember certain things that Nicholas says or does
Here are a few:
Nick was getting his sneakers on down the steps one morning when we were getting ready to go to school & work. He hadn't yet seen was I was wearing to work that day and when I was walking down the stairs I said excuse me so I could pass - Nick looked around and said to Dennis "make room for the Princess" I was wearing a long ankle length skirt - Nicholas proceeded to say I look just like a Princess!!
One particular harried bed time Nick kept calling from his room that he either needed something to drink, or needed to talk me about something (which is how he phrases it) etc...and then proceeded to say he had to go potty so I took him to the bathroom were he was fidgeting around and I said Nick I'm really beginning to lose my patience to which he replied can we go to the store and buy some more for you Mom?
During the summer I wear shorts around the house and at nighttime we sit on Nicks bed for our story time. Nick sits on my lap so one night he goes ouch, ouch and I'm like what's wrong....he rubs my upper thigh and said it's to spicy - I said you mean spiky - he said no spicy and he would only sit if I put a blanket down first.......lo and behold he would check my legs every night when we get ready to read and will say your legs are too spicy Mom and makes me put a blanket on them.
On our many excursions out on our jet ski the order of seating is Nicholas is first, Dennis drives and I sit on the back.....after a few outings Nicholas advised Dennis and I that we have to share and that the next time when we go out, Nicholas is in front, Momma sits behind him and Poppa sits in the back!
Nicholas has such a cute way of pronouncing clam...while looking for shells on the beach he would say lets look for "K...lams Mom - I can't even mimic it it is so cute!
Nicholas announced one morning while going pee pee that "his penis is getting so strong"
Nicholas asked me if I remembered when I (he) was in Kazakhstan and I (he) had snack?
One night in the middle of the night I heard a little cry from Nicholas so I went in and before I even said anything he said "excuse me" so I asked what's wrong and he said a pillow was bothering him and he wanted it to move!
I was getting Nick for school and had his new sneakers out for him - he asked what will happen to his other (old) sneakers so I told him they would now be his play sneakers, he then asked what will happen to his play sneakers so I told him they were too small for his feet so we would throw them out (trust I do save everything but these are really worn) Nicholas looked at me very seriously and said to save them for his brother or sister.................my heart melted and I assured him I would not throw them away!
Many people have commented that Nicholas has such good manners...even when he is being defiant - he will say "No. no thank you"!
In October we had another great Kaz cousin get together that started at Donna & Sophia's house and then we all went pumpkin picking to Finks Farm and hope to make it a yearly tradition for us!
(again thank you Fiona for sharing))
October 16th, 2010 Nicholas is home two years and I do thank God everyday for our precious Little son!
Finally a new camera.
Halloween 2010
For the past 10 months Nicholas had told both of us that for Halloween he wanted to be a ghost - easy enough. A month before Halloween I asked Nick what he wanted to be he said Buzz Lightyear (strange as he is not captivated by Toy Story) a week later I checked in again with him and he said Diego...............!?!
Nicholas' Halloween party at school - Momma & Poppa had a great time with Diego
Halloween October 31, 2010
When we went to pick the Diego costume Nick wanted to get a mask for Poppa and picked up the scariest warewolf mask.......a bit concerned I inquired while waiting on line how come he picked that scary mask he said it's the big bad wolf from the Three little pigs (one of Nicks favorites as he always want to act that one out)!
Since Nick excels at swimming we decided for the winter months we try soccer for him but over the summer Nick grew a fondness for playing baseball so we signed him up for Little sluggers.
Here he is our little slugger
Early Sunday mornings......................his biggest fan


5 comments:
Thanks for visiting my blog. Love the Halloween costumes. We almost went as Diego but he changed his mind to a skeleton at the last minute. Not sure when you're headed to Russia, but wishing you luck!
Yay - an update! I don't get on the internet as much now that I have two to juggle at home but I am so happy that I stumbled upon this update and photos. N looks so grown up! I love the stories and the Halloween costume. So happy that you three are doing so well!
Yeah... an update!! :) He's grown so much... seems like a million years ago that I was blog stalking your journey to that little man.. :)
Thanks Darlene for the sweet comments, love, and prayers on my blog... We appreciate them so much! Can't wait to follow you to Russia! wahoo! any idea when?
It's been AGES since I've checked into my Kaz blog friends! What I really need to do is get back into our blog. Nickolas has changed a great deal since I've seen your blog! He's a big boy now! Audrey has grown a great deal too. Can't believe she's going to start kindergarten in the Fall. We moved too....we're in the San Diego, CA area!
Hmmm....when you click on my name it doesn't show my old blog. We are www.kazbabymakesthree.blogspot.com
Eileen, Pat & Audrey
Post a Comment