Our story

Dennis & I (Darlene) have created this blog to share with all of our friends and family our journey to adopt. The journey began when we met, fell in love and our desire to begin our family. We struggled for 6 years unsuccessfully to have children. Talk of adoption was something we had always considered and in April of 2007 we thought heaven had opened up when we were introduced to a birth mother who wanted to have us adopt her son. After several months of supporting her and her other child throughout the pregnancy our dreams fell apart when the birth mother scammed us not only out of our money but broke our hearts into a million pieces. Dennis was left to pick up the pieces and has reassured me every step of the way with his love and never ending devotion to our dreams of having a family.

Dennis and I started the long process of adopting from Kazakhstan and in 2008 we meet our son Nicholas.

We are now beginning the long process to adopt a sibling for Nicholas and it looks like Russia is where we will be heading next and hope in 2010 we meet our child!

We hope you will join us on our journey as we will do all our updating on this site. As always your love, prayers, good wishes & support mean the world to us. Thank you for being such an important part of our lives.







Saturday, July 19, 2008

Letter of invitation

We did receive confirmation that our LOI has arrived!!

We are wating on specific details and should hopefully have some final news next week.

So you wait and wait and wait and when you finally get the news you are hanging on the edge of your seat for you feel.................. panic & nervouseness and can't help but think -wow it's finally happening - yes it's a little overwhelmingly scary to me..........

Darlene

18 comments:

Joby and Marla said...

Great News! The waiting is almost over.
Congratulations!
Marla

Karen said...

Outstanding news!!! Can't wait to follow you along the way. Yaaay.

Karen

Sandi said...

Darlene
This is fabulous news. I can' wait to hear the details.

Congratulations.

Sandi

McMary said...

WOW--what great news. I am a little jealous but very happy for you. I can't imagine the feelings you have now. I look forward to following your journey.

Lori @ Five of My Own said...

How wonderful. Wishing you safe and smooth travels. Lori

Tricia said...

Wonderful news! How exciting! Kinda hits you in the pit of your stomach doesn't it? I remember feeling like I was going to get sick when I first heard. But then it gets so exciting. Can't wait to hear more details when you get them. Tricia

Regina said...

Hi guys!
Just checking in and was so excited to see the fabulous news. Can't wait to hear more!

Just remember that this fear is normal. If you aren't scared of this then you aren't human!

Susan said...

yay!! That is so exciting!!!

oh yes, the panic feeling...I can understand that too! I had it bad. But, somehow, I got thru it, and it went away. I think getting a bunch done, then going away to San Fran to visit family and forget about it was the ticket for me. Now we just have 2 weeks to go and I am calm (right now)
We'll see how i do the next couple of weeks, when I try to pack all the stuff on the floor of Baby Kaz's room. :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!

The Gobble's (Lanetta) said...

wow!! yippee.. we are so exciting for you.. can't wait to follow along with your story..
praying for you....

Chris and Heather said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful news. I can't wait to hear more.

marsrob said...

CONGRATS!!! HOORAY!!!!

KazAdventurers said...

Yay!!!! We are so excited about your news! We'll be checking back to find out more soon! You're almost there... :)
Lisa and Corey

Kelly and Sne said...

Woo hoo! Fasten your seat belts as the ride of your life is about to begin! Congratulations!

Tracy said...

Awesome... more good news. I am so excited for you.

Tracy

Our CHI Kaz Adoption said...

Congrats we'll be reading along!

There is no great achievement that is not the result of patient working and waiting.
J. G. Holland


The Kelley's

Julian and Sara said...

Congrats! Can't wait for more good news.

Angela said...

ME TOO! Hopefully, we catch up with each other in Almaty somehow! THIS IS IT!

Chris and Heather said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to hear more.