Dennis & I (Darlene) have created this blog to share with all of our friends and family our journey to adopt. The journey began when we met, fell in love and our desire to begin our family. We struggled for 6 years unsuccessfully to have children. Talk of adoption was something we had always considered and in April of 2007 we thought heaven had opened up when we were introduced to a birth mother who wanted to have us adopt her son. After several months of supporting her and her other child throughout the pregnancy our dreams fell apart when the birth mother scammed us not only out of our money but broke our hearts into a million pieces. Dennis was left to pick up the pieces and has reassured me every step of the way with his love and never ending devotion to our dreams of having a family.
Dennis and I started the long process of adopting from Kazakhstan and in 2008 we meet our son Nicholas.
We are now beginning the long process to adopt a sibling for Nicholas and it looks like Russia is where we will be heading next and hope in 2010 we meet our child!
We hope you will join us on our journey as we will do all our updating on this site. As always your love, prayers, good wishes & support mean the world to us. Thank you for being such an important part of our lives.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
What has Nicholas been up to?
Helping Poppa with the leaves.....Dennis' long awaited dream!!!
Lots & lots of park time.... And this is why we never post pictures of Momma - I'm a thrown together mess most of the time!! Nicholas' first visit to the Sushi bar.......Poppas dream come true!!!
Life is good! You all look very happy. I know what you mean about feeling thrown together. It could be a few years for us before we have a full hour (or half hour) to take our time primping again. LOL! I love seeing the updates on how you are all doing.
8 comments:
Oh my goodness, he looks so happy and so sweet. I love all his firsts, it is so amazing.
Thanks for continuing to update, I love seeing and hearing how Nicholas is doing.
Sandi
nah-can't tell that lil boy is so loved and happy-i am not sure who is beaming more-him or you guys!
and you are still glowing Darlene-"thrown together or not" you look so pretty-nothing prettier than a new momma glow!!
He is beauficful and looks so happy!
Thanks for posting new pics. He looks like he is having a great time. What a different world for him...
Darlene, you look like a mom!
Moe
Life is good! You all look very happy. I know what you mean about feeling thrown together. It could be a few years for us before we have a full hour (or half hour) to take our time primping again. LOL! I love seeing the updates on how you are all doing.
It is great to see updates! Regardless of how thrown together you feel, you all look happy and that is the most important thing!
Heidi
Gald to hear all is well with Nicholas. He is so adorable.
loved the update and the pictures... what a cutie!!
and you looked great... just a normal mom at the park... isn't that how we are supposed to look... pony tail and comfy pants???
Love it!!!
Post a Comment