Our story

Dennis & I (Darlene) have created this blog to share with all of our friends and family our journey to adopt. The journey began when we met, fell in love and our desire to begin our family. We struggled for 6 years unsuccessfully to have children. Talk of adoption was something we had always considered and in April of 2007 we thought heaven had opened up when we were introduced to a birth mother who wanted to have us adopt her son. After several months of supporting her and her other child throughout the pregnancy our dreams fell apart when the birth mother scammed us not only out of our money but broke our hearts into a million pieces. Dennis was left to pick up the pieces and has reassured me every step of the way with his love and never ending devotion to our dreams of having a family.

Dennis and I started the long process of adopting from Kazakhstan and in 2008 we meet our son Nicholas.

We are now beginning the long process to adopt a sibling for Nicholas and it looks like Russia is where we will be heading next and hope in 2010 we meet our child!

We hope you will join us on our journey as we will do all our updating on this site. As always your love, prayers, good wishes & support mean the world to us. Thank you for being such an important part of our lives.







Saturday, May 30, 2009

Mexico, April 18 - 25th, 2009

As I mentioned in my earlier post Dennis won a trip to Rivera Maya in Mexico (25 minutes south of Cancun). We didn't know how the little man would do with the traveling so silly me I pushed for a connecting flight just in case we had an issues. I figured time in between to regroup if need be.....very silly of me....he has more air miles then most and he did terrific and flying was pretty much a breeze. No issues with the little man with no real meltdowns which was great......

Here are some photo hi lights.....









Everyday Nicholas napped poolside.... life sure is tiring when


your swimming around with Poppa all day long........







Once he discovered frozen banana drinks he wanted one everyday.........

I love this photo..............

Looks like he had one too many frozen drinks.....


Dennis' co-workers & spouses........out of about 30 folks who won the trip we were the only ones to bring a child.........and everyone loved the little man......



Frozen strawberry was a hit too............



Nicholas is "hiding" from me the morning we were getting ready to leave....

Leaving Mexico.....

Here we are home but apparently Nick is ready to pack up again.......

5 comments:

Joby and Marla said...

Looks like so much fun!!!!

Susan said...

great pics...Looks like Nicholas is ready to go back to Mexico!! He is so handsome...glad you guys had a blast. :)

The frozen banana drinks sound good to me too! :)

Chris and Heather said...

He looks so sweet. I am glad you had a fun trip.

Patrick & Eileen said...

Darlene,
I just read your last two updates. I've been waiting to hear news for a long time and I loved it. I understand that it's hard to keep this up.

Congrats on winning the trip to Mexico!! It looks like you three had a wonderful time.

But I have to say that Nicholas is just so so CUTE!!! Isn't it great being a mom? Sometimes I still find it hard to believe that our dream came true :)

Take care,
Eileen

The Gobble's (Lanetta) said...

my gosh, he's grown and changed SO much... what a cutie!!! Love all the pics.. :-) thanks for the sweet comment on my blog.. :-)