Our story

Dennis & I (Darlene) have created this blog to share with all of our friends and family our journey to adopt. The journey began when we met, fell in love and our desire to begin our family. We struggled for 6 years unsuccessfully to have children. Talk of adoption was something we had always considered and in April of 2007 we thought heaven had opened up when we were introduced to a birth mother who wanted to have us adopt her son. After several months of supporting her and her other child throughout the pregnancy our dreams fell apart when the birth mother scammed us not only out of our money but broke our hearts into a million pieces. Dennis was left to pick up the pieces and has reassured me every step of the way with his love and never ending devotion to our dreams of having a family.

Dennis and I started the long process of adopting from Kazakhstan and in 2008 we meet our son Nicholas.

We are now beginning the long process to adopt a sibling for Nicholas and it looks like Russia is where we will be heading next and hope in 2010 we meet our child!

We hope you will join us on our journey as we will do all our updating on this site. As always your love, prayers, good wishes & support mean the world to us. Thank you for being such an important part of our lives.







Sunday, January 31, 2010

Christmas Time fun

A train display





When we tried to leave Nicholas had a complete meltdown (which thankfully he doesn't have very often)............he declared NEVER,NEVER NEVER when we told him we had to leave!!!

Nicholas getting his first look at our house with Christmas lights









Christmas Party fun



Waiting for Santa





He so loved having a train set around our tree





Christmas fun with my neices daughters at Whitepost Farm





A friend sent us this awesome little Christmas basket!!!



And yes we had some snow....this was a full week after the snow fell!



Christmas morning and trying to hide the Thomas the Tank table santa left



Our beautiful tree
(I was a little blurry after putting together Nick's kitchen set)








Our happy little Nicholas




New Year's Eve with cousin Mikey


Thomas fun time with cousin David



HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

And it looks like 2010 will hopefully bring us the blessing of another child into our hearts & lives!!

Our story..................... yes continues.............................

4 comments:

Kelly and Sne said...

What a great Christmas you had! LOVE the light display. We were scrooges and didn't put up much as we took a trip to Calif over the holidays. We'll have to make up for it next year,I suppose. I love your idea of the train around the tree - we'll have to try that too with our train-obsessed boy! What is it about Thomas???? The photos are so cute - you can really see the joy in Nicholas's face. He is getting SO big!

Fawn and Michael said...

Hi Darlene and Dennis,
Your son is absolutely precious--I followed your blog with great anticipation in 2008, since we were also traveling to Shapagat, a few months after you. I so enjoyed following along and seeing your experience with Nicholas, the hotel and babyhouse we would be visiting! We traveled the end of Nov. thru mid-Dec, 2008. When I saw the pictures you posted of the babies outside, I now can't help wonder if one was our daughter. She was 6 months old when we arived Nov. 24th. Was wondering if you might have some other photos of the babies? She would have been about 3-4 months when you were there and was in room 11--first room on the right as you enter the babyhouse, they called her "Suscha". I would love to have photos of her before we arrived if you might have some. Our contact info is below.

Thanks and congratulations on beginning your second adoption journey and to a sibling for Nicholas!
Fawn
www.sister4andrew.blogspot.com
fmtorcisi@verizon.net

Kelly and Sne said...

So great to hear that you have decided to adopt again! In retrospect, we wish we would have gone to Russia instead of Kaz again too. Who knew that Russia could be speedier than Kaz??? Good luck and keep us all posted!

McMary said...

I am very late in reading this but wow--Nicholas is growing and is such a cute little boy. Looks like he had a fabulous Christmas.

Also--congrats on your new arrival and I hope it happens soon.
Having just gotten home from Russia with my daughter, I can tell you they have fantastic kids too.