Our story

Dennis & I (Darlene) have created this blog to share with all of our friends and family our journey to adopt. The journey began when we met, fell in love and our desire to begin our family. We struggled for 6 years unsuccessfully to have children. Talk of adoption was something we had always considered and in April of 2007 we thought heaven had opened up when we were introduced to a birth mother who wanted to have us adopt her son. After several months of supporting her and her other child throughout the pregnancy our dreams fell apart when the birth mother scammed us not only out of our money but broke our hearts into a million pieces. Dennis was left to pick up the pieces and has reassured me every step of the way with his love and never ending devotion to our dreams of having a family.

Dennis and I started the long process of adopting from Kazakhstan and in 2008 we meet our son Nicholas.

We are now beginning the long process to adopt a sibling for Nicholas and it looks like Russia is where we will be heading next and hope in 2010 we meet our child!

We hope you will join us on our journey as we will do all our updating on this site. As always your love, prayers, good wishes & support mean the world to us. Thank you for being such an important part of our lives.







Saturday, April 17, 2010

Fun Times

Nicks first snowman



School spirit week

Dress up like a rock star......I found these sunglasses and when I gave them to Nick I kept saying look at those cool rock star glasses you have....Nick took them off looked at them and asked me "where are the rocks?"



Character Day..................




YEAH our first Kaz cousins get together....Beautiful Christina's 2nd Birthday celebration.

We couldn't get all five of the cousins together in one picture but not for lack of trying & crying...................Four beautiful girls and Nicholas are all from the same baby house


Nicholas and I worked on this puzzle together only one time before a few weeks prior & here he completed it on his own......63 pieces


Poppa got Nick into a big rig


Another Kaz cousin get together .......An eggstravaganza

Beautiful Sophia & her Mom hosted our families...........Christina is busy egg coloring on the left



Egg coloring fun with beautful Hannah & Mom Penny


Beautiful Noelle and Mom Jeannine


Dressed for picture day at school

2 comments:

Kelly and Sne said...

Thanks for the update! I hope that the snowman picture wasn't recent... Looks like you all have been having a great time. Nick looks so grown up - and so handsome! Does he really have cousins from the same baby house? Wow!

Cath said...

Hi Darlene,
Thanks for visiting our site at wishartadoption.blogspot.com I would love to add you to our site so that you can view it. The only thing I forgot to ask for in my post was your email address, would you email it to me at cathwishart@yahoo.ca thanks.

Catherine