Our story

Dennis & I (Darlene) have created this blog to share with all of our friends and family our journey to adopt. The journey began when we met, fell in love and our desire to begin our family. We struggled for 6 years unsuccessfully to have children. Talk of adoption was something we had always considered and in April of 2007 we thought heaven had opened up when we were introduced to a birth mother who wanted to have us adopt her son. After several months of supporting her and her other child throughout the pregnancy our dreams fell apart when the birth mother scammed us not only out of our money but broke our hearts into a million pieces. Dennis was left to pick up the pieces and has reassured me every step of the way with his love and never ending devotion to our dreams of having a family.

Dennis and I started the long process of adopting from Kazakhstan and in 2008 we meet our son Nicholas.

We are now beginning the long process to adopt a sibling for Nicholas and it looks like Russia is where we will be heading next and hope in 2010 we meet our child!

We hope you will join us on our journey as we will do all our updating on this site. As always your love, prayers, good wishes & support mean the world to us. Thank you for being such an important part of our lives.







Friday, September 19, 2008

Nicholas' arrival....................

Our little guy will be coming home on Thursday October 16th!!!!!!

We are very excited and can't wait for him to arrive.

Dennis leaves late on Friday the 1oth and arrives in Almaty early Sunday morning.

Nicholas will arrive on Monday to Almaty and they will go to his SOS appointment.

Tuesday is a day for just Dennis & Nicholas to spend together and Wednesday they go to the Embassy appointment. We tried for a late flight out on Wednesday night but then the layover would be several hours overnight in Amsterdam so instead have a 7:20AM flight on Thursday and they will be arriving home on Thursday afternoon.

We have plenty to do to get ready......we are painting his bedroom "Little boy blue" and ordered his furniture and picked out his carpet. All we need to do now is empty out his room (should be working on that right now but no I'm blogging!).

I have started the paperwork to get him on our insurance and have scheduled his doctor's appointment with our IA doctor. We have made a few discs of the over 400 pictures we took while in Kaz, printed a set and purchased 2 very cute photo albums for all the pictures - now if I could just sit down and put them in the albums in order sequence I will be very happy!

And here is the last photo we took of Nicholas before we left............


Can't wait to see our son and we are counting the days until he is home!!

More photos will follow................

16 comments:

Joby and Marla said...

So much to do & so little time!!! If I didn't have a computer then I would get a lot more done.

Sounds like you are busy preparing for Nicholas. Get all the hard work out of the way before he comes home so that you will have plenty of time for play once he gets there!!!!

He is so cute!!!!!

Sandi said...

OH my goodness I am so happy to read that in less then a month Nicholas will be home in NY. Ah what a wonderful time, I am so happy for you guys.

Sounds like everything is coming together and Shoot Oct 10th will be here before you know.

Congratulations to having a countdown.

Sandi

The Gobble's (Lanetta) said...

so excited that you know when he'll be home.... yeah... so excited for you... lots to do to get ready.. can't wait to see pics....
thinking of you..
Lanetta

Susan said...

wow! that was fast!!! congrats!! He will be home way before Leeza Grace will!!

i love his last lil picture, so cute.

I went shopping today in Kostanai and got Leeza the cutest outfits...nice and warm. :)

only 14 days until gotcha day on Oct 3rd! :)

Unknown said...

Dan & I are so happy for you guys. Nicholas is just adorable, and looks like such a happy, loved boy already!

He will be home just in time to dress up for Halloween and eat lots of candy!

We would love to get together soon for a celebratory dinner.

All the best!
Jen & Dan Koch

Kelly and Sne said...

Great that you have a date! That makes it feel real now! A 'due date' so to speak. I admire you organizing your photos... I still have to do this...

Patrick & Eileen said...

Ah....I thought I posted a comment. But I'm here now.

Congrats on your upcoming date - it's so soon!

That photo is just too cute! That smile, those little teeth, those cheeks...and he's already wearing is cap backwards :)

Eileen

Anonymous said...

Yeah - a date - it must feel amazing! We are so happy for you all. We wish you the best and enjoy getting everything ready. Little boy blue sounds perfect!
Love
Moe, Pete and Dominic

Tricia said...

Wow, that it not that far away! How exciting! You better get those photos in there before then, because I think the chances of doing it afterwards for awhile are slim to none. You will be too busy loving that little boy in person to be looking at photos of him :) Hope your wait goes fast.
Tricia

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

We are so happy for you! It seems as if the time is flying by, and I hope that is the case for you guys as well. We took that exact same flight -- the 7:20 AM out of Almaty into Amsterdam. Great flight, big plane, etc. I think Dennis will be happy with that choice.

I'm still trying to figure out how the heck you kept it a secret at work. That is amazing. You should be a spy or something if you can keep secrets like that! :-)

We sure hope that Max and Nicholas cross paths some time in the future. They'd be fast friends!

Can't wait to read news about the homecoming!!

Kristen (and Cary) said...

I'm so happy to hear he will be home soon. That is such wonderful news.

Catalina said...

So happy for you. I am late reading blogs and posting comments since I am so busy. Nicholas is so cute, I am sure you miss him so much, however, you have so many things to do and get ready for him you will see in no time he will be home and you will be so busy, life will never be the same again. It will be a lot of fun. We cant wait to meet little Nicholas and his mom and dad too.

McMary said...

Great news that you have a coming home date--I bet you are excited beyond belief!
The room preparation sounds great and it will keep you buys until he comes.
I can not believe that you were able to keep that secret where you work. I am no where close to traveling and the word got out through the gossip mill so I wrote an email and let everyone know the true scoop. I would have rather done it like you but it's okay now that everyone knows also.
He is such a cute little guy.

Angela said...

Only a few more weeks! I can't wait to see Nicholas home with his mom & dad!

Regina said...

Great news! I am so excited for you guys. He is ADORABLE!

Anonymous said...

Hey Aunt Darlene and Dennis :)
Mommy showed me your blog and Nicholas is gorgeous!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Im so happy and excited for you guys :)

Can't wait to see you and your little boy!

love you lots <3
Brittany