Nicky was very nervous and reserved when we first met him but yet very willing to spend time with us - looking back on those first few moments he seemed to just want contact with someone – was eager to be held more out of fright and uncertainty of what was happening around him. He was just looking all around, not smiling or reacting – no tears but fear was evident behind those big blue eyes. The second visit of the day we did see him opening up to us – more so just because we were showing him some attention.
The second day we opted we stay inside the baby house just so we could spend some one on one time with just the three of us rather then the distraction of going outside. He has a sweet temperament and is always looking around – gazing out at times but also very curious to what is happening around him – like if another couple’s baby is crying or moving around. He was the youngest in his group of about 10-12 little boys (who are all so so precious). Because he was the youngest he received more attention from the caregivers who clearly love him so much. The care these children receive is absolutely amazing. The baby house is very, very clean and very, very well organized and structured.
We have spent 3 days with Nicholas so far; we visit the baby house from 10:00 AM to 12 Noon then come back again 4:00 till 6:00. Sunday is a non visiting day so we go again on Monday to see the little guy.
We are here with two other couples who have also met their children, both couples have 9 month olds, one very sweet little girl and another very cute little boy. We all feel so truly blessed and are simply over the top with happiness to be here & now to finally be with our children.
The hotel we are staying at is very nice and yes it is strange to have only one English speaking channel – BBC. And we will continue with dial up which is getting easier to live with – Dennis says he will not knock our Optimum service ever again after being on dial- up here – it is slow!!! In the scheme of things this was the only issue we have had to really deal with and although we were stressing, we have put that it’s place. If this is the worse thing we have to deal with, we are OK!!!
So far everything is going great. We have a terrific translator and 2 very nice drivers and everyone has been so helpful and patient, especially with us, the new parents. The caregivers at the baby house love these kids so much and work so hard and do a fantastic job – it is so wonderful.
I do have so much more to share about our journey and the wonderful experience we are having. The true joy and love in our hearts for our son is so overwhelming I can’t even begin to describe it but I can say that all of the pain of the past is gone and the only thing that matters to us is this precious little boy who is our son!!!
And now a few more pictures
Dennis & Darlene


11 comments:
Wow, it's so great to hear the joy in your words! I am so happy for you! Thank you for the update!
It's great that you have other couples to hang out with during the off hours. I know for us, it made the days even more fun and interesting.
Sounds absolutely wonderful! I am so glad everything is working out for you. Nicky sounds like a sweetie.
I am also glad that you have some company. I know someone who should be there in a few weeks. Can I send her a link to your blog or email address?
I am so happy for the both of you!!! I mean the three of you!!!! I can't wait to see the picture of your new familly
I am so thrilled for you guys!! Nicky is just precious, and I can tell how much i love you are already!!
How nice that you get 2 visits a day...I would love that. I am already getting greedy and wish we had more time with Leeza. I will take the 3 hours though, and we do get to visit on Sunday's.
You will continue to be amazed at how much more he will open up.
Leeza just grows sweeter and more animated every second we spend with her.
I'm so ESTATIC for you. i can hear the joy in your heart bursting thru.
Isn't the care the kids get wonderful?
They really are loved. I know we're not in the same region or baby house, but it sounds so similar.
He is just adorable!!!!! I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!
Glad all the families are happy with their kids. I know you were so worried about that..isn't it great to have that worry lifted?
SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!
PS. you get used to dial up, really.
Although, I'm on wireless high speed right now and i COULD do a jig...LOL
Wonderful update. Nicky looks so content in his papa's arms. Yes, I agree the children in Kaz are very much loved. Our Garrett was affectionate and loving from day one (even though we still have those moments when he tells me he no longer likes me).
Glad you have company over there. Our apartment was very far from the hotel where most families stayed. (Like a 45 minute walk.) So everything had to be planned out way in advance (which is hard to do sometimes).
Enjoy your time with Nicky.
What great photos! Nicky looks so sweet. Glad to hear you are doing well and enjoying your time.
I was so EXCITED to see you had posted... and oh my gosh.. he's a doll!!! wow!!
So... so... so.. glad to hear things are going so well..
can't wait to hear more...
Lanetta
Oh wow...more great pictures and a super update! I'm very happy for you!! Nicky is just so darn CUTE!
Eileen
Darlene and Dennis, I have tears of joy for you! Tricia
Since u didn't get my other comments,I'll repeat myself. I'm sure he can't wait till he meets his Aunt Carole and we get him on skis out in the snow. Mommy u can watch from a warm place. Be safe see ya soon
He's beautifull I got tears from reading about how he falls asleep.I really enjoy reading about your days. I didn't know the woman wear heals...What about the men?
Post a Comment