Our story

Dennis & I (Darlene) have created this blog to share with all of our friends and family our journey to adopt. The journey began when we met, fell in love and our desire to begin our family. We struggled for 6 years unsuccessfully to have children. Talk of adoption was something we had always considered and in April of 2007 we thought heaven had opened up when we were introduced to a birth mother who wanted to have us adopt her son. After several months of supporting her and her other child throughout the pregnancy our dreams fell apart when the birth mother scammed us not only out of our money but broke our hearts into a million pieces. Dennis was left to pick up the pieces and has reassured me every step of the way with his love and never ending devotion to our dreams of having a family.

Dennis and I started the long process of adopting from Kazakhstan and in 2008 we meet our son Nicholas.

We are now beginning the long process to adopt a sibling for Nicholas and it looks like Russia is where we will be heading next and hope in 2010 we meet our child!

We hope you will join us on our journey as we will do all our updating on this site. As always your love, prayers, good wishes & support mean the world to us. Thank you for being such an important part of our lives.







Monday, August 25, 2008

A wonderful realization......

Monday Morning…………………………I woke up early this morning so I guess I am falling into my normal wake up time routine of 4:30 AM………..I started thinking about how we got here and how things transpired.

Our original plan was to start our international adoption late 2007…………in April of 2007 we were introduced to the birth mother who said we were going to adopt her son………..I thought at the time it was heaven opening up and we were meant to have that child…….. we all know the ending on that one………………………this morning I woke up and realized our son Nicholas was born in April 2007 so yes heaven had opened up and brought us here to Kaz at this time to get our son…………………

Dennis & Darlene

5 comments:

Susan said...

God is REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY AMAZING! When you went thru the pain before, you did not understand the why's.....but it was that Nicholas was to be waiting for you.........

soooooooo happy for you!!!
wow, i don't wake up at my normal 5 am time. :)
i wake up around 8, but yet my entire family is still asleep...i enjoy my blogs and coffee in quiet solitude...:)

Kelly and Sne said...

That is amazing. How wonderful that you are now able to see the reason for your long and winding road toward finding your child.

P.S. 4:30am normal???

Sandi said...

I am a firm believer that Everything happens for a reason. It is the very thing that keeps me going, that and my eye on the "prize"

Nicholas is an absolute doll and you can tell just how happy youguys are. Wait until he is back home and realizes that he gets to have the best Pizza in the world :)

Sandi

Anonymous said...

Proof that it was all worth it in the end. Nicky seems like such a sweet boy, I love the picture of you holding him! Keep enjoying your time. We are loving your posts!!

Heidi and Terry

Tricia said...

Wow, that gives me chills. We never know what the future holds for us. Glad to hear that Nicky is looking forward to your visits with him. By the way, I love the name Nicholas and nickname Nicky.